I feel so dirty and gross and unwanted

• I feel so dirty and gross and unwanted
  • He dumped me because I have herpes. I feel so broken and tainted.
    I looked around online for advice and found s bunch of comments by people who think that infected people should stop normalizing herpes and that sick people should only mate with sick people so the rest of the human population can stay healthy. If that is how men look at me I feel so inhuman and disgusting.

• Author

Angie, I feel exactly the way you’re feeling. It’s so sucky! I”m so happy to have stumbled upon this group for support and info. Hang in there.

Im in such a similar boat. I’ve been in a relationship with the same guy for the past 3 years. He passed it to me and when I told him I had herpes he acted like it was no big deal. I didn’t worry too much about it because we planned on getting married and everything. But out of the blue he broke up with me without any sort of explanation or closure. Now I have to go back out into the dating world. People look at you differently and treat you differently. It’s definitely compromised my self esteem. I feel like no one is going to want me, and it’s my responsibility to let someone know before they choose to pursue anything with me. Unlike my ex who doesn’t say anything and is probably going to spread it without any sort of thought of how that affects people. I hate him and myself right now. I hate how this has made me feel. I hate the rejection and the stigma.

I have all of these same feelings. When I got diagnosed, I called him right away and since he is the only person I have been with there is no denying that he is not the one who gave it to me. I wasn’t even mad at him for doing it because he had no idea either, but now he won’t pick up my calls, or answer or even look at my messages. I am absolutely heartbroken. How can someone go from being so caring and loving towards me to this? I am scared for when I eventually find someone else, if that happens, for this exact reason. I don’t want to be looked at in a gross light. I am only 19 and now I have to deal with this the rest of my life after my first and only relationship.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.