I'm scared that I won't have a normal relationship again.

• I'm scared that I won't have a normal relationship again.
  • I just found out that about my diagnosis 3 days ago and am honestly depressed. If I’m being completely honest, I know that I’ll need to tell whoever I’m with in the future but it’s just so scary. Has anyone on here just not told their partner and practiced safe sex instead? Is that okay to do? I’m honestly just lost and have so many thoughts running through my head.

• Author

Hey Brooke,
    My name is Emily and I’ve been diagnosed for about 3 years now. I felt the same scared and fearful I’d never be able to date someone again. However despite this I became familiar with safe sex while having herpes. Never have sex while on outbreak, take medication (it lowers your number of outbreaks) use condoms etc. Yes, it’s very important to let the person you are dating know before you have sex. I usually take sometime to get to know the person and see if they are even my type or if chemistry is even there. If I feel like it will lead into a relationship I will tell them. When I tell them I make sure I give them all of the information they need about herpes. So it’s a good idea for you to have a clear understanding of what your going through. I tell them about ways to lower risk of transfer. Surprisingly it’s very common. A guy I was dating ended up having herpes as well.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.